Cepatnya dah habis weekend. It’s Monday again. Tengok tajuk entry ni, maybe ada yang wonder whay’s UTI? It stands for Urinary Tract Infection ataupun orang panggil dalam bahasa biasa – kencing kotor. Kenapa kita kata women’s common problem? Sebab UTI ni memang orang perempuan yang ramai n selalu kena. Tak kira la budak kecik ataupun orang dewasa. Orang lelaki jarang kena sebab laluan ke salur kencing diorang lebih panjang compared to women.
Tahun ni je kita dah kena warded for 3 times sebab kena UTI. Azabnya sebab kena cucuk kat tangan untuk masukkan drip n antibiotik. Masa bagi sample urine pun kaler urine tu gelap sangat sebab urine full of blood. Dr masukkan drip 2 – 3 botol sehari sebab nak suruh kencing dgn kerap. Nak flush out all the bad bacterias. Imagine la dgn tangan yg berjarum, drip yang tergantung tu asyik nak kena ulang pegi toilet pulak. Bukan sejam sekali, tapi sejam berkali2. Arggghhhhh….
Ok, entry ni adalah untuk bagi some info to all on what is UTI, symptoms and how to treat UTI. I got the info from various sources. Nanti kita bagi some of the links for u guys to refer to.
- Infections of the urethra, bladder, ureters, or the kidneys, which comprise the urinary tract.
- E. coli bacteria cause the majority of UTIs, but many other bacteria, fungi, and parasites may also cause UTIs.
What causes UTI?
- Wiping from back to front after a bowel movement (BM). Germs can get into your urethra, which has its opening in front of the vagina.
- Having sexual intercourse. Germs in the vagina can be pushed into the urethra.
- Waiting too long to pass urine. When urine stays in the bladder for a long time, more germs are made, and the worse a UTI can become.
- Using a diaphragm for birth control, or spermicides (creams that kill sperm) with a diaphragm or on a condom.
- Anything that makes it hard to completely empty your bladder, like a kidney stone.
- Having diabetes, which makes it harder for your body to fight other health problems.
- Loss of estrogen and changes in the vagina after menopause. Menopause is when you stop getting your period.
- Having had a catheter in place. A catheter is a thin tube put through the urethra into the bladder. It’s used to drain urine during a medical test and for people who cannot pass urine on their own.
- You feel pain or burning when you urinate.
- You feel like you have to urinate often, but not much urine comes out when you do.
- Your belly feels tender or heavy.
- Your urine is cloudy or smells bad.
- You have pain on one side of your back under your ribs. This is where your kidneys are.
- You have fever and chills.
- You have nausea and vomiting.
Cepat2 pegi jumpa doktor if u think u had an infection and u’re belongs to any of these groups:
- You have a fever, nausea and vomiting, or pain in one side of your back under your ribs.
- You have diabetes, kidney problems, or a weak immune system.
- You are older than 65.
- You are pregnant.
Please take note that u might not be having all of the symptoms. Macam in my case, takde pun rasa sakit bila urinate, but I commonly have mild fever during late afternoon dengan rasa sakit kat belakang.
How to prevent it?
- Urinate when you need to. Don’t hold it. Pass urine before and after sex. After you pass urine or have a bowel movement (BM), wipe from front to back.
- Drink water every day and after sex. Try for 6 to 8 glasses a day.
- Clean the outer lips of your vagina and anus each day. The anus is the place where a bowel movement leaves your body, located between the buttocks.
- Don’t use douches or feminine hygiene sprays.
- If you get a lot of UTIs and use spermicides, or creams that kill sperm, talk to your doctor about using other forms of birth control.
- Wear underpants with a cotton crotch. Don’t wear tight-fitting pants, which can trap in moisture.
- Take showers instead of tub baths.
- Drink lots of water. At least 2L per day
- Drink cranberry juice. But not the one with lots of sugar (yang banyak jual kat Tesco, Jusco tu). Get the pure juice. I used to buy from GNC. Tapi rasa dia masamm…
- Mix 10 drops of tea tree oil into water. Use that to clean up your vagina.
- Pineapple. At least a cupfull. Makan raw or buat juice.
- Apple cider vinegar. Add 2 or 3 teaspoon of it to a glass of water and mix with 1 teaspoon of honey. Drink the mixture 3 times a day.
Well, that’s all of it. Adios
p/s: Here’s some of the link that u can refer to: